Best VR Games
There are hundreds of virtual reality games released and many more on the way. Not too long ago, VR games were few and far between. With so many options available these days, there are many top-notch virtual reality games to choose from.
The best VR games need to be interactive with several objectives, puzzles, or tasks to follow. They also have an immersive plot that keeps the player coming back for more entertainment. VR brings people to the front of the story with sights and sounds, unlike any game before its time.
Today, we're going to dive into everything you should look for when getting a new VR game. There's a lot to discuss, so let's jump into the suggestions below!
VR Games Should Be Interactive
The whole point of enjoying virtual reality games is to feel like you're a part of a story and to feel the 3D experience. If you're trying to find a worthwhile VR game, then nothing beats interaction and immersiveness. These factors encompass everything we all know and love about the virtual world.
Here's a list of what your VR game should include:
- The best VR games have items to activate, such as buttons, levers, puzzle pieces, and so on. These simple, effective features make it much more enjoyable for people to go through missions, questions, levels, or whatever stages you're progressing through. Pushing a button and watching a bridge go down or something explode is fun as ever!
- You should be able to impact the story or direction of the plot Most of us sink into the game's story relatively quickly. A VR game should feel like a book or movie with new, unique turns at unexpected points. There are decisions to make that ripple throughout the game and affect what happens later.
- Many high-quality games let you interact with nearby items, even if they're not part of the main mission. These silly actions might not mean much for the plot, but it's something many people demand from their virtual reality. After all, why wouldn't you want to feel, hear, and move everything around you?
- Some of the best virtual reality games have settings menus with adjustable height, FOV (field of view), sensitivity, and more. These settings make a world of difference for people, especially if they're shorter or taller than average. Your field of view determines what you can see, therefore impacting what you interact with.
There are many things you should keep in mind when it comes to the interactive feeling of a virtual reality game. With these suggestions in mind, you can decide which games best suit your taste.
Each Genre Shapes Your Experience
Some VR games are much more interactive than others, while a handful require focus, decision-making skills, and so on. It's impossible to say every genre will provide a similar experience, but there are many features you should demand from your games. Let's analyze how different genres will shape the way you play your games below.
- Horror games are frightening and loaded with jump scares, running, and fighting. Those who enjoy scary movies and mystery stories will love the heart-pounding thrill of moving through halls, forests, and everything in between. A horror game should be twice as adrenaline-inducing as traditional non-VR games.
- You can play interactive combat games with realistic shooting, swinging, and blocking. These games are some of the most popular around, including the famous Half-Life: Alyx. Whether you choose to play with a sword and board, guns, or anything else you can get your hands on, most gamers love VR combat games.
- Puzzle games are relaxing without ruining the VR experience (such as Tetris). This style of gaming is perfect for people of all ages. You can play a puzzle VR game to relax or to hype yourself up (think Beat Saber). Most high-quality VR puzzle games have sounds that are equally enjoyable.
- Some games are simple and silly without any need for high-end expertise or knowledge of VR systems. If you're new to virtual reality games, it might be a good idea to start with something simple. You could choose Job Simulator to understand how depth perception works before getting your hands on a harder game.
Picking a genre is half of the battle, but the good news is that GameGator offers all of the best VR games from any genre you can think of. Why choose one genre when you can have them all for the lowest prices available?
The Best VR Games Have Immersive Stories
Perhaps one of the most important parts of getting a VR game is to feel like you're an important part of the process. VR games differ from traditional games because they make you feel like you're in a different world. If you're not enjoying the story, why would you want to be in that world in the first place?
Immersive stories range from impactful decisions to personal relationships with developing characters. Even games that aren't based on playing with other real players or in-depth NPCs will have a story or plot that you can follow. This process is why so many people keep coming back to VR games.
Still, many people enjoy mindless fun when they don't have to worry about ruining their gaming experience. These games contain stories without too many decisions to make. Nevertheless, they're quite immersive. Virtual reality gaming has its best feature in the name; Reality! No matter the game or genre, you should feel like it's as close to real life as possible.
Many Virtual Reality Games Provide Exercise
Are you looking for a new way to exercise? People often love VR games because they get their blood flowing without feeling like a boring workout routine. Some of the best virtual reality games provide more exercise than you might think.
Here are three types of VR games that provide fun exercise:
- Fighting games are among the most physically demanding experiences on a VR headset. You might not realize it until you take your headset off, but many combat games will bring your heart rate up and get you sweating quite a bit. These games are among our favorites because they're so fun and interactive!
- You can choose VR exercise routines to get a workout at home. If you want to work out from home, few methods beat strapping on a VR headset and following workout videos. You can bring weights with you or simply dive right into a cardio circuit. Either way, there's no debating the fact that VR exercises are just as effective.
- Almost all VR games require you to stand, move, and interact with the environment. According to Wired, nearly every VR game provides a small amount of exercise. Whether you're dancing, throwing something, looking around corners, or running through a maze, you're bound to get a few heart-healthy benefits.
Exercise isn't an essential part of VR games, but some of the best on the market will undeniably involve a bit of a workout. You should feel like you're a part of the story. If the game is immersive enough, your mind will react the same way as if you were truly experiencing the game in real life. In the following section, we'll explain how audio is a significant part of the process.
Surround Sound Is More Important Than Ever
Video games have some of the best sights and sounds around. Many of us enjoy the experience more than reading books or watching movies. Virtual reality gamers demand more from their headsets since they're supposed to provide a realistic experience.
The Guardian breaks down how a VR game's audio can make or break it. It doesn't matter how great the graphics look; If the sound is off or dull, you won't be able to make the most of it. There's no doubt that your headset plays a big role in this process, but the best VR games should have adjustable sound settings.
We've noticed some of the most popular VR games have excellent surround sound. You can hear everything to your left and right without feeling like the audio is coming from all directions. Many horror games include sounds from behind the gamer, making it feel immersive as if you were being chased.
Combining top-tier audio with the previously mentioned best game benefits makes VR gaming more fun than ever.
A VR Experience Should Have Optimal Hand-Eye Coordination
Virtual reality gaming is all about hand-eye coordination. Without it, you'll have trouble picking things up or interacting with them. Many games are adjustable to fit anyone's height, FOV, and so on.
However, there are a few questions you should ask yourself before getting a VR game to ensure you're making the most of the experience.
- How easy is it for you to pick up items, move them, throw them, and so on? Most people go through a learning curve when they first put on a VR headset. That being said, you shouldn't feel like you're always dropping an item or can't click something. Top-of-the-line VR games are user-friendly from start to finish.
- Do you have to reach too far or too close to grab something? Some virtual reality games let you adjust depth issues, but low-quality ones don't. Fortunately, we ensure all of the games we offer have good reviews and customer feedback to steer clear of such problems.
- Can you adjust your height to make it much more realistic? Many VR headsets have universal height adjustments, but it's worth checking the game's settings. You should be able to see the ground without having to point your head down. The game should feel the same as real life, meaning your height reflects your real height.
- Can you see everything around you without having to move too often? While VR games are all about looking around and interacting with your surroundings, you should be able to have a bit of peripheral vision. Adjust the field of view if possible. Your FOV directly impacts hand-eye coordination and overall interaction.
Combining immersive stories, impressively unique environments, hand-eye coordination, and everything else we discuss above, you can choose the best VR games on the market. If you don't know where to get them or how you can play them on your favorite platforms, read on.
What Platforms Can You Play These VR Games On?
Choosing your favorite VR games starts with the platform. Thankfully, you can choose any of the games listed above (as well as all other GameGator VR games) and play them on Steam VR, Oculus Rift, or Oculus Quest. All you have to do is purchase the game, download and install it, then connect your chosen platform and enjoy your new game.
Why Should You Buy Games From GameGator?
There are plenty of competitors on the market, but GameGator is the best choice for your gaming needs because we offer excellent prices, customer service, and reliability.
GameGator finds the best deals and ensures you save the most money while getting the top games available. Whether you choose a brand-new VR game or an old-school on-sale game, we'll do our best to find you a discount that you can rely on. All prices are listed on the game, letting you know exactly what you're paying for without any fine print.
Another reason GameGator is the best is we're always looking for new games. Whether we find better deals or new releases, you can favorite this page to know you'll find the hottest prices that you won't find elsewhere. Install the games and start playing them right away.
What Type of Games Does GameGator Offer?
GameGator offers shooters, RPGs, adventure games, a host of VR games, and more. We also have keys to save more money on the best coupons on the internet. You can browse through the best sales, lowest prices, or most popular games.
We also have a wide variety of free games to jump into an adventure without spending a dime. Check out upcoming releases, potential deals, and more; All from the same browser bar.