Rate this Game
Battle Chasers: Nightwar is an American made JPRG and dungeon-crawler, based on the best-selling Battle Chasers comic series by Joe Maduriera and inspired by JPRG greats such as Final Fantasy, Suikoden, Chrono Trigger, and Phantasy Star. It was developed by Airship Syndicate, funded through Kickstarter and published by THQ Nordic. The game features beautiful environments; a gorgeously animated strategic turn-based combat system; and hand-crafted dungeon rooms which are randomly arranged for a different experience each time. Players will battle enemies, find secrets, solve puzzles and explore the world.
What exactly is 'Battlechasers: Nightwar'?
To avoid reading a wall of text I will summarize briefly:
* classic JRPG game (with turn-based combat & turn order)
* easy to understand (easy-to-pick-up)... game mechanics (very beginner friendly)
* nice story that develops after & after, and progresses with the game
* the soundtrack is first class. For example, very chilly guitar melodies are included
* first-class voice acting
* wonderful fantasy comic graphics
* there are many things to collect to equip & weapons power
* typical RPG character system / With higher levels heroes get new skills
* 6 different heroes contain
* you can fish
EDIT: You have to grind a bit in between - the dungeons offer (also for this reason) different levels of difficulty. I didn't mind. . . after all, there are also better loot for higher difficulty. But I'd like to point out that some people don't like that kind of thing.
I hope I could help someone with this review. Thanks for u00b4s reading & have fun 'battlechasen'
(Reviews might be translated for user convenience)