Rate this Game
Endless Space 2 will put you in the fascinating role of a leader guiding a civilization in making its first steps into the cold depths of interstellar space. You will explore mysterious star systems, discover the secrets of ancient races, develop advanced technologies of unthinkable power, and, of course, encounter new life forms to understand, to court or to conquer. Your story unfolds in a galaxy that was first colonized by a people known as the Endless, who rose and fell eons ago. All that remains of them are mystical ruins, powerful artifacts, and a mysterious, near-magical substance known as Dust.
67 hours of play. It's time for a review after 60. Foreword:
I am already 35 years old and I love Sci-Fi strategy games. I am particularly influenced by Stellaris, which is also an excellent game (I currently have almost 400 hours of play... there). I also have Civilisation 3, but this game has not fascinated me so far. Therefore I apologize for any comparisons with Stellaris, but I lack further possibilities of comparison. You should know that this is not an action game. You really need to get used to how this game works. There is much to read and much to discover. The game is very difficult to master and requires training time. First you should do a test round and get to grips with the basic functions. You will then discover new things over time and in the next game session you will be able to do much easier and above all plan tactically what you want to achieve first. You have to plan this time because the game is very complex. In some cases there is also a lack of coherent explanations, which makes the training even more difficult, but not impossible.
- Performance Performance Performance. In the later course of the game your system will be very hard at work. It comes to freezes and unpleasant waiting times. The developers will hopefully patch here soon, but you have to be prepared for that. Music could be better. I've muted the music by now (and I usually never do)
- Uncomfortable mod support. You will need to manually activate mods and reload the game each time you start the game. Absolutely oldschool.
- Too few factions for a game about colonizing a galaxy.
- Long learning curve
- Partial clipping errors and sound bugs
- Very nice GUI. A lot of attention was paid to details. Great space battles. Great ship models and the animations of the towers are also made great. Very extensive. Makes a lot better than its competitors. The marketplace or the senate, for example. Great.
- Long-term motivation is certain
- New fractions have been announced and will probably be submitted later with DLCs.
- MOD support (even if there are hardly any mods yet)
Who likes Stellaris will also like Endless Space 2. Buy it, it's worth it. Many of the negative points will certainly be fixed with late patches. Prepare for long game sessions. You will get lost in this game and forget time. Cause that's how I'm faring.
(Reviews might be translated for user convenience)