Rate this Game
Drop into the unfinished storybook of a crazed author, on the brink of being discarded forever. Discover what it means to become a hero worth writing about. “The Story Goes On” is a different take on the hack’n’slash genre: combining elements of permadeath, random world generation, dozens of unique items and an overarching story. 50+ VARIOUS ITEMS Every item is designed to shift the way you play: from standard buffs to combat enhancements to new ways of traversing puzzles, items are made to work together and grant the player cool item combinations every time they play. A CHANGING WORLD By progressing further and completing dungeons, the story introduces new bosses to defeat, tougher enemies to fight and more complex environments to conquer. PRE-BUILT DUNGEONS Within each randomly generated world is a matching pre-existing dungeon that introduces new mechanics, enemies and story elements into the main game. STUFF TO HIT 20+ bosses to defeat, dozens of enemies to grind out for gold, the works. A RESPONSIVE SOUNDTRACK Our original soundtrack adapts during gameplay to match the pace of battle.
I got the key for the game from the developer during a Givaway action in the '100% Achievement Group'*
By 'The STory goes on' it's a Rogue Like Top Down Hack'n'Slash game. You run with the arrow keys and with the mouse you specify... the direction in which the character should look. With the left mouse button, you can use your weapon. In addition, there are various other items and a secondary property. The goal is to find a key and fight a boss battle through different areas with enemies that have many different abilities. The most important thing is: 'Know your enemy' because each opponent and each boss reacts differently and has a certain strength or weakness. This is especially pronounced in boss fights, because few bosses can be defeated by simple running and beating on it, for almost everyone you need a special technique or tricks. The game can be compared a bit with Binding of Isaac because it plays similarly from the system. br>
- Many different enemies
- Steam achievements
- Steam trading cards
- Steam Cloud
- Many different items
- Different characters can be unlocked by solving certain puzzles
- Graphics need getting used to but after some time you notice the advantages of a not too crowded and simple kept world
- Developers are active in different groups, forum and also by message if necessary
- Control/ Combat system can sometimes still be a bit lacking. Sometimes you strike and the sword goes through your opponent as if he wasn't there.
- At the moment there are still some crashes due to the game code which they are fixing at the moment.
- The puzzles for unlocking new characters are in my opinion a little too simple and too obvious in the game
Clear buy recommendation for fans of this genre and people who don't hope for an AAA title here but know clearly that it is a small Indie team.
More recommendations (mainly Tower Defense games) :
http://store. steampowered. com/curator/8896126-Gametests-and-Videos
(Reviews might be translated for user convenience)