Rate this Game
Dive into a deep story of corruption, crime and intrigue. Take the role of gritty Police Chief Jack Boyd, and come face to face with the ugly underbelly of Freeburg, a city spiraling the drain. Will Jack reach his retirement with a nice stack of bills, or will he end up broken ... or worse?
Manage your staff, respond to emergencies, and investigate crimes in a city on the brink of chaos. The mafia underworld maneuvers behind the scenes, sinking their claws ever deeper into the city, even as the mayor is ready to exploit every situation to his political advantage.
Choose your approach to each situation as it unfolds. Sometimes you'll be responding to a developing crisis at a crime scene, or negotiating with Freeburg's crime bosses. Sometimes you'll find yourself dodging questions in the press room, or even the occasional cross-examination in the witness box. Can you keep this pressure cooker from exploding, at least for long enough to stash away a nice retirement nest egg?
- Good story
- Good speakers
- Good mix of management, adventure, 'Simulation' and 'Survival'
- Lost what or who is more important or what helps Jack Boyd best
- almost perfect user interface. Everything is clear and... easy to use! In times when AAA game developers sit back and leave necessary UI optimizations to mod manufacturers, the balm for the soul
- music is very well selected and fitting. It is especially successful that you can buy additional records in the catalogue.
- Manufacturer makes a great impression! Tracked a few blogs (especially those on police violence in the US and its effects). I honestly would not have expected these statements in this blog from a manufacturer from Belarus! Ashes over my head.
- tow. very strong restrictions. In my first attempt, I was the good cop who never does anything for the mob. A few days later I was dead. Certain situations must be played as the game requires. There is no absolute freedom of action.
- Repetitions. E. g. the auto start scene. After the second time, she was annoying. After the 100th time. . . :)
- As with survival games, there is no storage option except the only AutoSaves lot. If you don't play the way the game you expected, you die and you can start all over again. But the individual missions are always exactly the same. Advantage is, you know how to make the best decision, disadvantage is: repetitive and boring. Skipping until you get back to where you died in the last pass.
- tow. I have the feeling that some variables in the multiple-choice dialogs are passed incorrectly. To the question in the interview in the intro whether the police cooperate with the Mafia '**** u2665u2665t! '' is selected. Nevertheless, the next day the newspaper said 'Chief of Police admits cooperation with the Mafia'
All in all a very good game! In any case buy recommendation, especially at this unbeatable price!
(Reviews might be translated for user convenience)