Latest Deal 👍
What is Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy about?
Sphinx and The Cursed Mummy is an original 3rd person action-adventure inspired by the mythology of ancient Egypt. Travelling the world via magical portals to foil the evil plans of Set. Sphinxs Journey will require all his wits, agility, and special powers. He will also rely on his reluctant hero friend, The Mummy, to help when being inconspicuous is the only solution. By finding the stolen magical crowns of Egypt, Sphinx can stop Set and save the world.
- Use Sphinx and his increasing array of skills to face deadly mythical monsters while avoiding perilous traps with acrobatic ease. Weaken enemies and use capture beetles to store and unleash their abilities at will.
- Take control the Mummy when strength & combat skills arent needed — use the Mummys stealth and unconventional antics to avoid enemies, solve puzzles and sabotage right under the enemys nose.
- Interact with hundreds of unique and imaginative creatures, enemies and allies.
- Fantastic graphics bring this mythical world based on Egyptian legends to life.
- Totally immersive storyline and epic gameplay.
Has it really been 14 years since I played this game? Never thought I'd see Sphinx and the mummy again, so it was a wonderful surprise when I discovered the game here at Steam. All I can say is that despite its age, it still looks good and is as much fun as it was then. If you enjoy puzzles, like to think around a few corners and also want to have platforming and action elements, you can't do much wrong with this game. In addition, there's a great soundtrack, two lovely protagonists and (especially on the mummy's side) some of the weirdest gameplay ideas I've ever come across. However, I would recommend a controller, as the control is definitely designed for this. Since the devs are very active and take problems and suggestions of the players really seriously, this can change in the near future. They're working on it, as far as I know. The Devs' enthusiasm and devotion really makes me hope for a continuation. Or other games we've all seen in the Graveyard of Incompatibility. Thanks to THQ Nordic for this reunion with an old friend. :)