Cheapest Offer 👍
What is Warbanners about?
Warbanners is a turn-based, tactical strategy game with role-playing elements. Managing a squad of mercenaries, the player will experience the story campaigns 42 missions, battle through a meticulously crafted fantasy world, and achieve the ultimate goal: become a true legend!
• Create and modify your unique, well-prepared army; hire and equip soldiers, develop their fighting qualities, and learn new exotic skills.
• Hire assistants! They will not participate in battles themselves, they never engage in dangerous activities, but they will provide you with several bonuses and options. Expect a catapult, poisoned enemies, increased morale, and much, much more.
• Immerse yourself in a multi-faceted battle system that takes into account a variety of factors, including landscape morphology and lighting, each units field of view, morale, and even fatigue.
• Manipulate the battlefield environment to gain tactical advantages! Freeze rivers, chop down and burn trees, dig trenches, construct bridges and barricades, and so on.
• Choose the optimal level of difficulty for your tactical fantasy RPG experience; from easy for beginners, to nightmarish for sophisticated tacticians.
With every step you take in Warbanners -each and everyone marked by blood and iron- an invisible but deadly threat will become more tangible. Darkness itself, brooding in the corners of your soul, shall become ever more palpable.
Who said earning your place among ancient legends would be easy?
In Warbanners you lead as Roderick an army of mercenaries in a fantasy/medieval world through a straightforward - and a little over 40 missions comprehensive - campaign. The main focus of the game is its tactical round fights. I was refreshed by the fact that you will have up to 16 of your own knights at your side, whereas in comparable games you usually only have four to eight cronies at your side. You recruit your army from classic armourers, lance bearers, archers or knights, supplemented by supporter classes like magicians or priestesses just to name a few. There are also various dwarven warriors and elves to choose from. Initial enemies are villains, mutated monsters and orcs, later undead and demons. Atmospherically speaking, Middle-earth or the Lord of the Rings sends his regards. The whole thing is refined by light role-playing elements. You can name your fellow players, give them some equipment and potions and adjust some character traits like strength, accuracy or endurance during level ascent. The graphic corresponds to India standard, so does not expect any optical fireworks. The gameplay is fun, even if it gets off to a very slow start. Until the troop gets really bumms you first have to fight a few battles and upgrade the stats. At the beginning your warriors will hardly hit a Baumu2026 even from half a meter away. The story is appealing enough to stay on the ball. The German translation is excellent. I had a high u201enur still a Schlachtu201c factor, although I'm not such a fan of fantasy and elf games. But the good lap tactics compensated for this for me. A certain degree of difficulty is given. In addition to the main story, you have the opportunity to volunteer in arena battles to gain gold and experience. This feature was apparently only added after the release, because the increasing level of difficulty during the campaign caused the own troops to fall behind too quickly. I had to make good use of these u201e filler fightsu201c. Some grinding did indeed come up as a result. Whatever. A very good game. Friends of the round tactic should definitely take a closer look. I'm looking forward to the promised successor with a more open world. It took me 30 hours to play through the campaign.