Rate this Game
Bastion is the first title from Supergiant Games, an original action role-playing game set in a lush imaginative world, in which players must create and fight for civilization's last refuge as a mysterious narrator marks their every move.
Is it worth playing? yes
Is it worth the full price of 15 bucks? maybe
Bastion, an action adventure with a few RPG elements, offers
- a smooth combat system
- a post-apocalyptic storyline
- an astonishing soundtrack including a song... you will remember for a long time
- replayability by adding challenges & a new game mode after the first playthrough
- an overall beautiful colored world
- lovely characters
But what really makes Bastion shine over other similar games is the amazing narration:
There's an old man commenting on pretty much every action you take - without getting boring or annoying at all.
His narration doesn’t't gets repetitive as he uses a lot of different voice lines and his voice is amazingly enjoyable and calm - believe me, you will like it.
Of course there's also a few cons:
- the story isn't very deep, i feel like the game focuses more on combat
- storyline is linear and you don't have many possibilities to explore or try things out
- the ending feels a bit rushed
I'd recommend waiting for a sale, but even without Bastion might be worth the money
(Reviews might be translated for user convenience)