Rate this Game
Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC The game that brought the fun and excitement of the tabletop experience to digital form is back. Developed by legendary designer Richard Bodley Scott in a completely new 3D engine, Field of Glory is ready to set new standards in computer wargaming. Field of Glory II allows you to fight large or small battles for or against Rome, or between the other nations who are as yet unaware of the Roman threat, or what-if battles between nations that never actual came into conflict historically, but might have done if the course of history had been different. Take command of a huge variety of armies employing vastly different tactical doctrines. Lead your chosen army and its named generals to victory in set-piece historical battles or "what-if" custom battle situations against an AI or human opponent. Victory will require determination and tactical mastery!
Great game; absolutely a buy recommendation. A significant improvement over Pike&Sots, especially when it comes to usability. In short:
- different levels of difficulty make it accessible to everyone
- many game modes from historical to generated,... from single battle to campaign
- very good tutorial
- after about 30 minutes you are in the game and have understood the mechanics
- more details about game mechanics in the manual
- multiplayer like chess, so step by step instead of online
- editor for your own campaigns
- you can provide campaigns to the community resp. just download
- Graphics/animations and sound are chosen so that you can use the game well
There are also German youtuber (Steinwallen, ReviewgameX, Mr Moerp) who have already played the demo. The game is as tricky as chess, because one move can trigger a chain reaction - on both sides. The price is very fair for such a game, so you can hit right now and don't have to wait for a sale.
(Reviews might be translated for user convenience)