Rate this Game
Sniper Elite 4 combines genre-defining ballistics, breathless emergent stealth, and gripping third person action across the largest and most diverse environments ever seen in a Sniper Elite game.
Set in the aftermath of its award-winning predecessor, Sniper Elite 4 continues the series' World War Two heritage by transporting players across the beautiful Italian peninsula, from sun-drenched Mediterranean coastal towns, to colossal Nazi mega structures, daunting forests and giddying mountain monasteries inspired by Monte Cassino.
Sniper Elite has become a really good sniper/stealth shooter and has improved significantly compared to part 3. The cards are really big, beautifully designed (plays in southern Italy) and offer many different approaches to experimenting: I play very...
carefully and sneaky, explore everything etc., so you can easily spend several hours on a mission (as 'Rambo' you usually don't get far. . .).
- You can now save both free and fast. Super Quick Load, game is almost immediately back at the start. The game is also technically very smooth.
- the co-op mode is fun and works great (here too the host can save at any time).
- the enemies are smarter and more aggressive - once you're discovered, it quickly gets hot.
- there are now subsonic ammunition etc. , and the grenades, mines, tripping hazards usually have two adjustment options (e. g. with a mine that it only goes up on the second contact)
- in my opinion is suitable for beginners as well as professionals: as a beginner you have aiming aids and markings etc. . , on hardcore (quite realistic weapon behavior) then nothing more (others have to judge whether it is still too easy then)
- the kill cam is either cool, disgusting or (after a while) boring: can you turn it on and off, therefore no criticism for me. You can criticize: the story and dialogues (the author was probably Kli Schee), some monotonous opponents, rudimentary skill tree (well)
For me currently the best sniper shooter.
(Reviews might be translated for user convenience)